Monday, June 20, 2011

Riots, Beauty, Disgrace, Honour & Pants

Another weeks flys by, another Monday post is made :) I hope you enjoy friends



These two pairs were made for Dave of French Kings Clothing, check them out at http://frenchkingsclothing.com/clothing.html



This pair of Lennard Taylor's have been well worn by a client who is a carpenter, I did a few patch jobs for him here and there. I thought think they look rad, Frost stitching rocks!



The sky...delightful formations


Game 7 of the Stanly cup playoffs was on Wednesday of last week which saw the Boston Bruins win the cup. Don't get me wrong I was definitely cheering for Vancouver like any good Canadian would, however lets face it they got out played. Congratulations to Boston on a hard fought cup!!! Well that's what Vancouver-its should have said, instead they rioted
I was shown this photo and thought it expressed a very depressing day for Canada. After the Game in Vancouver the streets were turned back several hundred years as a civilized city was turned into the cave man era of simple smash and destroy. It saddened my heart deeply as i watched the images streaming the Internet. Not only was Vancouver's image portrayed around the world as violent, criminal and idiotic, the rest of Canada was thrown into the mix as well. Our country has always been seen as one of peace and love and now is looked at completely different. I've always believed that our Nation has a real chance to step up to the plate and show the rest of the world how one can live in peace, prosperity and be green. Now I'm sure we can still do this but we all have lost some ground so please do me a favour and do something extra nice for someone today :D



Jazz Festival started this past Friday, I hope you made it out to a show or two :)


I traveled out to Brandon, along the way I saw a biggggg train and snapped a quick shot of it. Isn't it funny how many of the products we use travel to us on trains, yet when we buy them we rarely think where they have come from. Take an extra moment to think about where your products are coming from.
Brandon as well as many other places were hit really hard by flooding this year. The barricades are still up....the water still pools over many peoples lands.

This is the main road into Brandon...Scary...


Once in Brandon I paid a little visit to Krystle's Dad Jacks War room.

Krystle's Dad is absolutely obsessed with the first and second World Wars, and for that I thank him. I got a few moments to really take in all the gems that he has on the walls. It moved my spirit looking at all the war blades and helmets that had clear signs of battle on them. Its hard for many of us to understand what these brave men went through to give us our freedom. Perhaps its because we are so naturalized from all the video games and movies we see that we don't think it would be so bad. One item caught my eye in particular, a boyonet, I don't know what it was but it put me in the war, in the trenches. Try and put yourself on the front line, dirty, smelly, your hands shaking with fear as you hear bombs drop and bullets zing overheard, your commanding officer gives the order to put your bayonet on your rifle because the enemy is going to get close, REAL CLOSE. Your not going to have a chance to reload your weapon, your about to kill another man with your bare hands using only a rifle as a blunt object. My eyes are dripping with tears as I write this, wow what they must have gone through....I dare you to try closing your eyes and really thinking how you would react, try for only a moment to feel what they must have felt for a long time. If you know of, or know personally a veteran give them the honour they deserve, call and thank them for the service they did the world, thank them for your life of peace.


A beautiful display of the sky at its finest...

This weeks post was a hard one to write, lots of emotion poured out of my being. I hope you felt what I was talking about, I hope we together can make this world a better place. It starts with one of us helping another, it starts with us friends :)

have a truly wonderful week, I'll write you next Monday :)

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment