Monday, May 9, 2011

Open Studio, Fashion Show, Breakfasts and Upcoming

This past week was a mix of a whole lot! I had my public studio showing on Friday and Saturday, A BIG THANK YOU to those who came down to support my way of life :D


Everyone who attended gave me great feedback on the work I've been doing, that meant a great deal to me!Whats a showing without beautiful friends :)
This was part of my installation for the show, I love the way it was received and cannot wait to explore more. Stay tuned for more...



This is the Julie Dress, I was inspired the other day and created this little number. Because I only made one and will only make one the dress is named after the girl who bought it :D



Immediately after the showing on Saturday I grabbed my collection and jumped in a cab to the Delta Hotel. Swish Model Management (http://www.swishmodelmanagement.com/) was hosting a fashion show in support of the Rainbow Resource Center. Swish was kind enough to ask for my collection in this VERY professional fashion show. Thank you Swish! The photo below was the finale, hence all the models on the runway at the same time.



Rory was headed to England on Sunday, so amidst the flurry of things I was doing for the show I managed to make his pair of jeans and deliver after the fashion show...As you might have guessed I didn't really get much sleep on the weekend.
I really like the two tone prairie grass stitching I did for him!




I had breakfast with my mom the other day in the Underground Cafe which is located in the Silpit building on Arthur street in the exchange district, I love the art on the walls!!! such a beautiful place, very cozy. I strongly suggest!



Its garden season and My mom and Sister above are talking about our new garden!!! It will be a raised bed because the ground in that part of my moms yard used to be a parking pad. I cannot wait to get my green thumb working hard in the vegetable garden to get the rewards of fresh organic food!



My sister made this dessert for breakfast on Sunday, It was EPIC!!!!!!



Some of you may have got the information below from the Lennard Taylor mailing list (join by emailing info@lennardtaylor.com)

Its a really great event happening May 19th! See you their!


May 19th is the night to be at Fame Nightclub, 279 Garry, beginning at 7 p.m.

Eight fabulous local fashion designers, including Lennard Taylor, Kelly Ruth, Alex Espinosa, Local Shop Awesome, Callisto Couture, Vintage Bling, Lillian Lavack and Casey Downes of Songs for Alice. Not only will their excellent designs be modelled by Panache professionals, but also you will have the chance to purchase or book a fitting at the Designers Market, where more local designers of clothing and accessories will be featured.

The event is the Launch of the Winnipeg Fashion Incubator, a determined volunteer group seeking to support local fashion designers through professional shows, networking, resource development and professional discount programs. Membership info will be on hand!

It will be a unique event and tickets are just $12 or 2/$20 in advance from any member or through Provici Cosmetics, Local Shop Awesome and Berns and Black. They are also available at the door, at $15 or 2/$25.

We thank Fame Nightclub, Awesome Company, Burns and Black and Vantage Lounge for their generous support.

So be there, at Fame Nightclub, a great new venue, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m., Thursday, May 19. Let's usher in a new era of Winnipeg Fashion Leadership!



Thanks for viewing another week and I look forward to seeing you drop by the studio on Friday or Saturdays. Much love friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment